Task 7.2 Adjective Clauses (written)
This task is comprised of two parts (22 points). Be sure you complete both parts:
- T7.2 Part 1 (written) (11 points)
- T7.2 Part 2 (written) (11 points)
- Locate Appendix AH: Adjective Clauses Rubric (written) (22 points). Your instructor will use this rubric to assess this task.
- Create a new document using MS Word, or a compatible program.
- Format you document in double space, 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Include a title page on your document. The title page should be formatted using APA style.
T7.2 Part 1
Copy the eleven (11) sentences shown below and paste them into your new document.
- Combine the sentences, using the second sentence as an adjective clause.
- Sally finally finished typing the letters. The department supervisor needs to sign them.
- The red station wagon was driven by a drunk driver. It caused the accident.
- The police talked to the woman. Her car had been broken into.
- The woman seemed well qualified for the position. Mr. North just interviewed her.
- Mrs. Tanaka is looking for the person. The person’s car is blocking her driveway.
- Joe’s parents don’t like the music. Joe listens to the music.
- My grandmother bought a lot of clothes. The clothes were on sale.
- The issue is not relevant to our current discussion. Many people are talking about the issue.
- The printer is fast and dependable. Jason bought it last week.
- People are in great demand in today’s job market. People have advanced computer skills.
- The principal presented awards to the children. Their artwork was chosen for the citywide art contest.
T7.2 Part 2
- Copy the eleven (11) sentences shown below and paste them into a new page of the document you created in the first part of this exercise.
- Complete the sentences, using where,
when, or that. Give the best answer possible.
- Jack would like to know the name of the store ______I got my new DVD player.
- Phillip will meet us at the bus stop ___________is on the corner of 23rd Avenue and Main Street.
- The travel agent needs to know some alternative date’s _______________ we can leave on vacation.
- Can you run upstairs and get my green scarf? It’s in the closet _________ I kept my winter coat.
- The house ________Maria is going to buy has two bedrooms and one bathroom.
- The months _________ have 30 days are April, June, September, and November.
- I remember the time ________Robert forgot to turn off the bathroom faucet and we came home to a house full of water.
- _______ When we go to Atlanta, George wants to drive by the house _________he grew up to see if it still looks the same.
- The office ________ you are going to be working in is down the hall, the second door to the left.
- Paul has really enjoyed all of the cities _________ he has visited during his trip through India.
- The day __________ we got married was probably the happiest day of my life.
- Save your file as: T7.2.yourname.lastname and send it through the Assignment Drop Box.